If you’re looking for a quick, healthy Easter breakfast that also satisfies an early morning chocolate craving try this chocolate orange recipe from www.shakeupyourwakeup.com/.
Instead of using chocolate spread try melting some leftover Easter eggs and adding the melted chocolate to the porridge before serving. Also, a drizzle of honey will just sweeten the oranges and remove a little of the acidity
- 200g oats
- 1.4 litres semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp chocolate spread (hazelnut or plain)
- 2 oranges, peeled and divided into segments
- A drizzle of honey to serve (optional)
- Place the oats and milk in a large saucepan on a medium heat.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for about 6 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chocolate spread and stir in until melted.
- Pour the porridge into four bowls. Divide the orange segments between each bowl and arrange on top. Serve immediately.