Not sure what to serve with your turkey? Chris Neaum, Cookery School Manager at Bodnant Welsh Food shares two of his favourites.
Sage Sausage Stuffing
This stuffing recipe is perfect for a Christmas turkey. Or just roll it into balls to serve alongside the Christmas dinner.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1lb (450g) good quality sausage meat
- 1 tbsp (15g) chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp (30g) chopped sage
- 1oz (25g) fresh white breadcrumbs salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Either roll into balls or spread out evenly in a greased ovenproof dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown all over and cooked through.
Cranberry Sausage Stuffing
- 12 cups day old white bread cubed
- 2 cups fresh chopped cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup chicken stock or as needed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound sausage meat (cooked if very fatty) or chopped chicken liver uncooked
- In a large bowl combine everything except the chicken broth. Add enough broth so the stuffing is moist but not soggy. Use the stuffing to place in the cavity of a turkey (enough to stuff a large turkey 15 lbs. or more).
- Bake any extra stuffing which does not fit the turkey separately in a casserole dish at 180 degrees Celsius or until well heated and sausage meat is cooked.